Vuity: yes, you did hear it correctly! There is a new drop on the market for people with presbyopia. Vuity treats age related blurry near vision.
During your yearly appointment at Middlesex Eye, inquire about Vuity. Your doctor can tell you if this drop can benefit you. It is used once a day and will help, those who are candidates, to see print without using their reader/cheater glasses.
As with any new medication, the discussion with your doctor is essential. You will want to know how the drop will affect you, as well as any interactions with current drops or medicines.
If you have difficulty with peripheral vision due to low-lying lids, or perhaps your eyes are tired at the end of the day from straining to keep them open all day, Upneeq may be for you. Upneeq is a daily drop that will stimulate the Muller’s muscle to contract, which will increase your range of vision.
There are cosmetic reasons many people use Upneeq. However, at Middlesex Eye, we are encouraged by the efficacy of the drop for the patients with ptosis due to the Muller’s muscle. Now those who do not want to have surgery, but need something to help with better vision, have an option!
- Future without dependency on glasses or contacts.
- No more fumbling for glasses or putting in contacts in order to see the alarm clock, pick out an outfit or see your loved ones.
- How about hiking, swimming, skiing, bicycling without the burden of contacts or glasses?
- An analysis of scientific literature by the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery has reported that worldwide satisfaction rates for people who have LASIK is 98%.
- LASIK reshapes the cornea, the front of your eye, in order for the eye to focus light on the retina, the back of your eye. A permanent correction with little to no down time.
- LASIK takes about 10 minutes per eye, using a cool laser and numbing drops, as well as an oral sedative to keep the patient comfortable and pain-free.
- LASIK can treat astigmatism AND you can still wear contacts or glasses for cosmetic reasons.
Anyone with a healthy eye can have LASIK. Make an appointment today for your free consultation to see if you are a candidate.
Your breath, flora and all, is being directed from behind your mask up into your eyes. The most common problem eye doctor’s are seeing due to mask use is dryness and irritation of the surface of the eyes.
There has been a corresponding increase in eye problems like dryness, redness, irritation, and even limited field of vision that can be related to mask usage.
Some patients are experiencing significant dryness, due to Meibomian Gland Dysfunction, exacerbated by wearing a mask for hours. Lipiflow is the only treatment that is approved and proven to help reset the Meibomian Glands providing dry eye relief. Ask your doctor to screen you for dry eye.
Other treatments include using a Bruder’s mask for warm compresses, cleaning the lash-line, using artificial/gel tears, personal humidifiers, a good quality Omega 3 supplement and gentle lid massage. We carry Bruder’s masks!