As skin ages and is exposed to the sun’s UVA/UVB rays, the turnover of skin cells slows significantly and accelerates the aging process. Signs of aging and photo damage:
- Age spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Rough skin
- Skin laxity
One Week After Starting Obagi
The Nu-Derm System is an anti-aging therapy that penetrates below the skin
4 Phases of Transformation:
Phase 1: Out With the Old (Weeks 1-6) Promotes cellular turnover by penetrating the layers of your skin.
- Old, dead skin cells are pushed to the surface and replaced with fresh cells
- Pigmented skin cells begin to become regulated, creating a more even-toned appearance
Phase 2: In With the New (Weeks 7-12) Smoother, softer, clearer skin is created.
- The skin begins producing normal, healthy cells
- Pigment-producing cells are distributing melanin more evenly
- Collagen production is stimulated
- The skin begins to acclimate to the active ingredients of the system
Phase 3: Healthy Glow (Weeks 13-18) The skin cells are in the process of transformation.
- Collagen production continues
- The skin is smooth, naturally-hydrated, evenly-colored, and more resilient
- The skin is becoming firmer and tighter with improved clarity and a healthy glow
Phase 4: The New Skin (typically lasts indefinitely, with maintenance) You can enjoy a complexion that’s smoother, clearer, and firmer, but remember maintenance therapy is necessary for continued, long-term success!